Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Law & Order SVU

2 posters

Go down

Law & Order SVU Empty Law & Order SVU

Post  Nikki Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:28 pm

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (often abbreviated to Law & Order: SVU) is an American police procedural television drama series set in New York City, where it is also primarily produced. Created and produced by Dick Wolf and airs on NBC, the series premiered on September 20, 1999 as the first spin-off of Wolf's successful crime drama Law & Order. Having finished its 11th season, the series has produced 248 episodes to date.

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit originally centered almost exclusively around the detectives of the Special Victims Unit in a fictional version of the 16th Precinct of the New York City Police Department (NYPD). In the style of the original Law & Order, episodes are often "ripped from the headlines" or loosely based on a real crime that received media attention. The show stars Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler, a senior detective in the Manhattan SVU, and Mariska Hargitay as his partner, Detective Olivia Benson, a rookie to the unit who is the child of a rape. As the series progressed, additional supporting characters were added as allies of the detectives in the Manhattan District Attorney's office and the Medical Examiner's office. Typical episodes follow the detectives and their allies as they investigate and prosecute sexually based offenses.

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit is currently the highest-rated series of the Law & Order franchise, and is one of NBC's top rated shows. The series has been nominated for and won numerous awards, including the 2006 Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for Hargitay (the first Emmy to be received by a regular on any Law & Order series).
Nikki
Nikki
Admin
Admin

http://www.katewalsh.eu

Back to top Go down

Law & Order SVU Empty Re: Law & Order SVU

Post  starbuck1982 Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:18 am

Since nobody posted it yet, I'll give it a first.

*sigh*

I cant wait the next season to start and I have my hopes up that they wont ruin it like Law & Order by just cancelling it. You never know with those tv channels.

I am waiting for seasons now that there will be more than one step forward and two back between Olivia and Elliot. For sure, as soon as they really come togethe the show might be over (like with so many shows) but there is chemistry and waiting for over a decade is a little long.
We've been through so much with those two like Oregon, Sealview, Gitano, Kathleen's bipolarity, Elliot-Kathy-nearly-divorce, Eli's birth ....

I just love Chris Meloni (this guy is just hot) and Mariska Hargitay - finally a woman with real curves *yay*
starbuck1982
starbuck1982

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum