Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is Maura Isles

Go down

Who is Maura Isles Empty Who is Maura Isles

Post  Nikki Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:24 am

Dr. Maura Isles
I want to believe that there is a scientific explanation for everything that happens. It isn’t fate that sends a bicyclist flying over the handlebars to her death; it’s because her front tire hit a frost heave and kinetic energy took over. Fate has nothing to do with it. Death is not a mystical process; it is organic. I find that comforting.

I knew, from an early age, that I was something of an odd duck. I was the child who hid out in her room for hours, reading, the child who dissected her dead pet mouse. I was the scholar, the accomplished pianist, the honor student. My parents understood that I was different, and although they were not people who'd crow loudly about anything, I always knew they were proud of me.

My devotion to logic and science drew me to the study of medicine. But soon after I began medical school, I realized that I wasn't meant to work with living patients. I wasn’t good at holding their hands, at ferreting out the unspoken emotional clues in their voices when they told me of their aches and pains. I can analyze x-rays and blood chemistries, I can slice open muscles and organs, but I possess no scalpel with which to dissect human emotions.

So I became a forensic pathologist.

Boston is my home now. These cold New England winters suit me, as does my job as medical examiner. But I have little in common with the Boston PD detectives with whom I work. I think some of them may even be afraid of me, because I see their wary glances and hear their whispers as I walk past. And I know what they call me behind my back:

“The Queen of the Dead.”

'Source TNT TV'
Nikki
Nikki
Admin
Admin

http://www.katewalsh.eu

Back to top Go down