Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covert Affairs

2 posters

Go down

Covert Affairs Empty Covert Affairs

Post  dartxni Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:13 pm

The other freshman drama I am fast becoming addicted to is Covert Affairs with Piper Perabo leading as a talented but inexperienced rookie CIA Agent. She is totally meeting and exceeding my expectations that she would be able to carry the show. She hits just the right tones of vulnerability and bravery. I especially like the fact that she occasionally gets into a physical fights in which it is her sheer cussedness that allows her to get out of these situations alive. In the vein of Bourne Identity (which is by the same producer), the show doesn't pull its punches when showing that real fighting is dirty fighting. The show is also very timely, using the current and past headlines about CIA abuses and missuses. Agent Walker is constantly questioning the ethics of her chosen career path. So far, she has decided that her work for the CIA is in the interest of 'the greater good.' We shall see how long that lasts.

Also notable is Auggie (Chris Gorham), her handler, a CIA operative who happens to be blind-and her best friend at Langley.

One thing I don't enjoy is the main romantic storyline that supposedly is driving the plot of the series. A secret agent not affiliated with Langley is 'stalking' Annie Walker. He occasionally shows up, Tuxedo Kamen style, to save Annie when she gets in over her head.

dartxni

Back to top Go down

Covert Affairs Empty Re: Covert Affairs

Post  Nikki Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:29 pm

I recently became addicted to this show as well and at first I had something like nah this isn't going to bale to keep my attention but after two episodes I was hooked Smile
Piper Perabo is really doing a good job and I also like Auggie a lot. Just like you I don't really like the 'romantic storyline' I wonder if they will ever let Annie find out who he really is and if they will meet again though.

It's good to know this show is also renewed for a second season Smile so we still will have something to look forward to when all big shows go on Summer break Smile
Nikki
Nikki
Admin
Admin

http://www.katewalsh.eu

Back to top Go down

Post  dartxni Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:56 pm

I wasn't the least bit surprised that it got renewed myself, after I watched the first episode. The only thing that could crash it would be that the production cost over weighed the amount it was pulling in with viewers. The quality of the stunts and scenery is quite high, movie quality, you might say, and the writing is so far (minus the romantic plot) quite engaging, which I think is what is making it so successful. Having a big name experienced actor like Piper is also key.

dartxni

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum