Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 1 (Episode 1.06) Airdate August 16 2010

+2
darkhawkdown
Nikki
6 posters

:: The Show :: Seasons

Go down

Season 1 (Episode 1.06) Airdate August 16 2010 Empty Season 1 (Episode 1.06) Airdate August 16 2010

Post  Nikki Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:14 am

I Kissed a Girl

Jane and Maura investigate what appears to be a hate crime, the brutal assault and murder of a woman leaving a lesbian bar. With Jane going undercover, they hope to lure the killer out in the open. Off the job, Maura hooks Jane up with a handsome yoga instructor.
Nikki
Nikki
Admin
Admin

http://www.katewalsh.eu

Back to top Go down

Season 1 (Episode 1.06) Airdate August 16 2010 Empty Re: Season 1 (Episode 1.06) Airdate August 16 2010

Post  darkhawkdown Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Hello All,

I have to admit that I thought how they handled the idea of this 'undercurrent' within the relationship between Rizzoli and Isles having some possible attraction to one another in such a back handed manner. I understand that in the source material they are both 'straight' woman but for them to go so fast in the territory of 'deflecting' this 'undercurrent' really shows a lack of respect.

They move so fast as to show a certain amount of chemistry for which we the viewers are going to be subjected to for the duration of the show no matter how hard they try to point in other directions. I would have preferred the spent at least a whole season teasing the audience with this 'possibility' and then have it organically change one way or the other.

I for one happen to find the chemistry between 'Isles and Frost' full of potential as they seem so similar and yet so different at the same time.

And I also have to say that I am happy that 'Rizzoli's' mother was absent from this episode cause I love the character but she can become grating at times LOL...

Well that's it for me Cheers,

JC alien

darkhawkdown

Back to top Go down

Season 1 (Episode 1.06) Airdate August 16 2010 Empty Re: Season 1 (Episode 1.06) Airdate August 16 2010

Post  Nikki Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:32 am

I agree with you JC, I also tought they would show us some action between R&I cause as I said before you can't deny there's a lot of sexual tension between them. The way they interact with each other isn't exactly the way 'friends' interact with each other.

Maybe one day the writers will realize there's more going on between those two and give us the viewers what we want to see Smile
Nikki
Nikki
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  starbuck1982 Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:04 am

I am not sure if it's really planned to establish something between those two woman, I mean yeah there is a vibe but on the other side they are really close friends, really close at it seems so why not act like those two act.
I argued with a lesbian friend of mine who thinks that Sasha is amazingly hot that she has the feeling that they build something up and I told her that we dont act any different around each other, same with another friend of us. So am not sure what I think about it.
I mean in the books Jane gets pregnant later on, I am not sure about Maura but she want lesbian either as far as I remember.

I think this kind of going "undercover" was quite some fun and they both made up an scene in the club because they are both great.

I really missed Lorraine Bracco, Rizzoli's mother, this time ... she would have been so much fun!
starbuck1982
starbuck1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikki Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:52 am

Oh yes I love mama Rizzoli, she's too funny
Nikki
Nikki
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  obsess2easy Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:12 pm

I am not sure if it's really planned to establish something between those two woman, I mean yeah there is a vibe but on the other side they are really close friends, really close at it seems so why not act like those two act.

I'm with you here. I don't think they will actually hook up in the show. I'm seeing more of a Xena/Gabby dynamic rather than an Otalia one. Besides, I don't know if I could handle these two actually getting together. The sheer excitement of it would keel me over... dead. *thud* There would be no coming back from that for me. *palpitations*

Oh yes I love mama Rizzoli, she's too funny.

I love Mama Rizzoli as well!!! They definitely need more of her. I would have loved to see her face when she found out her daughter was going undercover as a lesbian. ROFL!!!
obsess2easy
obsess2easy

Back to top Go down

Season 1 (Episode 1.06) Airdate August 16 2010 Empty a bit over the top

Post  browneyedgirl Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Besides, I don't know if I could handle these two actually getting together. The sheer excitement of it would keel me over... dead. *thud* There would be no coming back from that for me. *palpitations*

Oh yes I love mama Rizzoli, she's too funny.

I find both these statements quite valid. Angela Rizzoli = lovableness. Although she keeps on setting up our Jane with men... tsk, tsk, ma. Let the girl show her real side, if you know what I mean Wink
The episode itself was a bit much, although it was pretty funny. I kind of doubt that they'll push the lesbian buddy cop thing, but if they ever decide to take that extra step and be a little more...creative, then I'm with it all the way. But it seems like they'll keep them as friends without benefits. Oh well.
This episode would have been the best time to introduce it. I mean, you got the girl in a sexy, tight dress leaning over you while you're at the gay bar? Get a hint, babe.
Anyways. My fantasy episode, folks. There it is. Very Happy
browneyedgirl
browneyedgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  dartxni Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:46 am

I'm weird in that I prefer that all my hookups happen in fandom, and that canon remains subtext forever. Intentional subtext is even better. This is almost always my preference. For instance, I never got in to the L Word fandom because it was all right out there. It didn't give me any point to launch off from and start making stuff up about. So long as they keep portreying a close relationship between Rizzoli and Isles, I will be happy. I do hope that they do not go TOO far in trying to debunk the femslashers in their audience, because really, that would be killing a large part of their audience, and then the show would flop, and then would we femslashers be? Down a river and up a creek, that's where.

dartxni

Back to top Go down

Post  obsess2easy Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:10 am

dartxni wrote:I'm weird in that I prefer that all my hookups happen in fandom, and that canon remains subtext forever. Intentional subtext is even better. This is almost always my preference. For instance, I never got in to the L Word fandom because it was all right out there. It didn't give me any point to launch off from and start making stuff up about. So long as they keep portreying a close relationship between Rizzoli and Isles, I will be happy. I do hope that they do not go TOO far in trying to debunk the femslashers in their audience, because really, that would be killing a large part of their audience, and then the show would flop, and then would we femslashers be? Down a river and up a creek, that's where.

I love my subtext. But I love my canon too. Some of it anyway. I wasn't able to get into L Word either. Not past the first season anyway. *shrug* Otalia was a huge disappointment for me. I haven't logged into BPD since the show ended, and I loved those guys. Other than that, bring on the canon. 'specially Calzona *sigh*

Ok, this probably isn't the discussion for this thread... but I just had to put my two cents in.
obsess2easy
obsess2easy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down